vooPlayer Review: The Best Video Marketing Tool
Description: vooPlayer is a powerful video hosting solution and with a well thought out marketing suite that allows you the flexibility to use hybrid hosting such as YouTube, Vimeo and even Facebook Videos as your video source.
Offer price: 14
Operating System: SaaS
Application Category: Video Hosting & Marketing
Video Hosting Flexibility
vooPlayer is a powerful video hosting solution and with a well thought out marketing suite that allows you the flexibility to use hybrid hosting such as YouTube, Vimeo and even Facebook Videos as your video source.
- Affordable Pricing
- Allows you to use Vimeo and Youtube videos
- Cutting Edge Features to improve Conversion
- Integrates well with other software
- Lacks a mobile app to manage our videos on the go
For many years, blogging has been an essential part of content marketing. That’s why we craft helpful articles based on certain themes and keywords for our target audience. However, that may soon come to a tipping point.
With a staggering two million over blog posts published daily on the internet, it is increasingly harder for smaller publications, websites and bloggers to standout with only written content. Furthermore the average person can only read so many articles per day.
But all is not lost. Affordable data plans, increasingly powerful smart phones and a generation raised on Youtube videos, has led to the rise of a new form of content marketing. Video marketing.
vooPlayer Review: Why Videos?
Did you know in 2018, the average person consumes one hour of video daily? By 2021, video traffic will be an estimated 82% of all consumer Internet traffic1
The State of Video Marketing 2018 by HubSpot further states the importance of video marketing. Here are some interesting statistics:
- Video usage is on the rise.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63%, the number reported in our 2017 survey.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018.
- Marketers rely on video to help them do their jobs. Video is often cited as a tool that helps drive various areas of business performance, and the numbers back up those claims:
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
- Consumers love video.
- Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.2
It is clear that video marketing is a fast growing trend. And alongside video marketing, comes the meteoric growth video platform market, which includes video hosting and marketing tools.
According Frost and Sullivan, the video hosting platform market is expected to top $1.5 billion in sales by 2021, with Brightcove at the forefront with its enterprise solutions.3
In fact, New York-based JW Player recently received a $20 million VC-backed investment, bringing its total backing to $25.6 million. JW Player runs on more than 2 million sites and serves videos to roughly 900 million people every month.4
But why do businesses and publishers use third-party video players when they could just stick with YouTube? After all, it is free, no?
Unfortunately not. Other than the 45% revenue cut that YouTube takes, YouTube comes with ads and related videos, which distracts your visitors from your content.
Simon Jones of Ooyala says it well.
“YouTube exists to drive video views for itself, so its objectives and the content owners’ objectives may not be aligned. When you, as a company, use somebody else’s platform as a distribution method, you are kept one step away from the customer.”5
The Benefits of Commercial Video Hosting Platforms
Thus, if you really want to take video marketing seriously, you need to consider the benefits of a paid hosting solution. Reliable hosting, no ads, advanced analytics, faster speeds, and extra features — including CTA buttons, forms, A/B testing, social media integration, custom ads, and more.6
But finding the right video hosting solution is difficult. While solutions like Vimeo, Wistia, Brightcove, Ooyala, Sprout Video and JW Player, are great, they cost a fair bit and might not be suitable for smaller publications on a budget.
That’s why the vooPlayer Pro AppSumo lifetime deal makes so much sense.
vooPlayer Review: Introducing vooPlayer Pro
The feature-packed vooPlayer Pro is already affordable. But with the lifetime license, you get to enjoy the benefits of the Pro tier for the cost of a few months’ fees.
And while vooPlayer Pro is a new tier and lacks certain Enterprise tier features (such as pre and post credit rolls and video funnels), it is still a very powerful tool that is worth investing in, as we will see in the next section.